icloud aka maicloud

This motor mounting assignment was not as painful as it could’ve been thank to this adhesive mounts / zip tie combo, which saved my life.

At first, I tried to hot glue cotton directly on top of the motor to create the cloud, but it ended up being too heavy.

and when I tried running the motor it was a complete disaster as cotton went flying about. So I tried to decrease the power by using a AA instead of a 9V, and it slowed it down a bit, but the cotton was still flying everywhere.

I found a piece of white wire and I realized I could use that as a structure for the cotton to sit on using hot glue and that worked great!

Using the backlight of the iphone created a nice effect for the cloud as well 🙂